Billionaire Emirati businessman Mohamed Alabbar, chairman of Emaar Properties, in partnership with Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund, is launching the region’s biggest e-commerce platform, Noon.com.
As per the news reports, the $1 billion venture will soon be launched initially in UAE and Saudi Arabia and then worldwide. Noon.com will feature 20 million products, which is 10 times of what is being offered by the largest online shopping platform in the region, Souq.com.
Noon.com will offer products from a wide range of categories like fashion, electronics, books, home and more. Headquartered in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Noon.com will offer same-day delivery through Noon Transportation, an in-house express delivery service from Aramex.
Noon.com promises to be a future driven e-commerce platform focusing on providing the best customer experience driven by state-of-the-art technology that will power everything from product discovery to purchase and delivery.
Quick Facts About Noon.com
- Website and mobile app will go live in January, 2017
- Launching with an initial investment of $1 billion.
- 20 million products covering fashion, books, home and garden, electronics, toys and baby products
- Same-day delivery through Noon Transportation, an in-house express delivery service
- NoonPay, a secure and innovative payment gateway
- Two warehouse facilities at Dubai South and Riyadh, Saudi Arabia with more than 10 million sqft. combined space.
- Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia to take 50 per cent equity in Noon
- Aiming to drive Middle East online sales from $3bn to $70bn in a decade
- Noon.com will offer more brands and more products than any of the competitors and will launch a large private label collection
- Noon.com will also allow small vendors to sell products on the portal.
If you are an online shopper waiting to see what noon.com actually offers you can sign up here to receive updates.
If you are a seller who would like to sell on noon.com then you can register here.